In this busy and competitive world we cannot spend much time in doing repeated things and though we have lot of affection on our parents, grandparents or physically challenged persons we cannot always stay with us when they are unable walk. But the advancements in current technologies are giving good solutions for such problems. With these solutions the physically challenged people can do their works themselves. Now a day’s so many useful technologies are coming out to make our life style more comfort, luxurious and secure. Especially in mobile field so many application are being developed to give us more information and entertainment .this project is designed with combination of two latest and most demanding technologies that are Android and Embedded Systems. Android is a Linux based operating system designed primarily for touch screen mobile devices and it is a open source .There are so many applications are already developed on Android and many applications are being developed at free of cost for its users . We can also develop our own customized applications with free of cost or with minimum cost according to our requirements. In this project we will create an application to control wheel chair. Whenever we operate this application, it sends commands to our controlling system through blue tooth. At controlling system side we have Bluetooth module, micro controller and wheel chair motors controlling circuits. Whenever this blue tooth module receives command from android application then it transfers this command to micro controller. Micro controller will control direction of wheel chair depends upon the command it received. This is very comfort and can operate easily just by touching the respective keys on application can control direction without getting confused by adding names or images in the application. With this project, the user also can control appliances in his premises.
- KEIL IDE for developing micro controller code
- ORCAD for designing schematics
- PROLOAD or FLASH MAGIC for dumping the hex file into controller
- Eclipse for developing Android application
- AT89S52 Micro controller.
- L293D for driving motors.
- 60 rpm motors.
- Blue tooth module
- Regulated +5v and +12v Power supply.
- No need of separate person to control the wheel chair
- Easy to use, children, old aged people, physically challenged people can also operate
- Safe and secured
- Useful for all the persons those who can move by using wheel chair only
- Emergency alerts when the user feels something abnormal
- Can be used for dump persons to announce basic and emergency needs
- Can also be used for access control system and appliances controlling system
Virtual nurse - Controlling wheel chair through Android Mobile BLOCK DIAGRAM: