This project deals with the design and development of hardware and software for industrial data logger system. Data acquisition is the process of sampling signals that measure real world physical conditions and converting the resulting samples into digital numeric values that can be manipulated by a computer. Data acquisition systems typically convert analog wave forms into digital values for processing.
The main aim of this project is to monitor the parameters of industry like voltage, current, temperature and display these values on PC using Bluetooth module.
These Bluetooth modules are more reliable, secure and low power modules and these modules do not require line of sight also. We can use mobile Bluetooth by developing some applications or we can use normal USB blue tooth dongles by connecting to PC.
Bluetooth based industrial data acquisition system
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances (using short-wavelength radio transmissions in the ISM band from 2400–2480 MHz) from fixed and mobile devices, creating personal area networks (PANs) with high levels of security. Created by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994, it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization.
Bluetooth uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum, which chops up the data being sent and transmits chunks of it on up to 79 bands (1 MHz each; centered from 2402 to 2480 MHz) in the range 2,400–2,483.5 MHz (allowing for guard bands). This range is in the globally unlicensed Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM) 2.4 GHz short-range radio frequency band. It usually performs 800 hops per second, with Adaptive Frequency-Hopping (AFH) enabled.
At industry side we have Ethernet module, micro controller, temperature sensor, voltage and current sensing circuit. This micro controller will keep updating these parameters data on PC using Bluetooth. At Pc side we will use USB Bluetooth
- KEIL IDE for developing micro controller code
- ORCAD for designing schematics
- FLASH MAGIC or PROLOAD for dumping the hex file into controller
- AT89S52 Micro controller.
- Voltage sensing circuit.
- Temperature sensor.
- Ø Current sensing circuit.
- Ø Easy to use, easy to install as it is simple stand alone system.
- Ø Low cost, small size and low power.
- Ø Data storage in user friendly formats.
- Ø We can monitor from mobile also
- Ø Portable.
- Useful for Weather monitoring systems
- Useful for chemical labs.
- Useful for water board to monitor water usage.
- Useful for production based companies
- Can be used for report making systems.